Guys, this is seriously the EASIEST and BEST thing ever. Ask my family!! They won’t even let me finish cutting it before their hands are in there. Trust me, MAKE THIS!! You won’t regret it!!
We have made this peanut butter cup fudge a couple of times now. Originally we made it in early December then in February, with pink and red MnM’s. We tried it again when the quarantine first began with a Spring theme (I mentioned it in this post) and here we are again for Easter.
When I tell you, this is literally the easiest thing I have ever made, that is no exaggeration!! It uses a total of 3 (4 if you want to add the color for the holiday or season) ingredients – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (approximately 32-34), sweetened condensed milk, milk chocolate chips (2 bags/3 cups) and if you want to add fun, MnMs for whatever season or holiday you’re celebrating.
First, line a casserole dish with foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. This prevents the bottom of the peanut butter from sticking…non shall go to waste!! Then, line the entire dish with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!!
Then, combine the 2 bags (3 cups) of milk chocolate chips and the can of sweetened condense milk. You can either double boil or microwave. I have done both and both ways work and taste great!! If you microwave, start with 2 minutes, stir and then do in 30 second increments until you get your desired consistency. It should look like mine below…
Spread the melted chocolate over the peanut butter cups and smooth.
Refrigerate overnight. Then, cut into bars or squares, however you like to present them. I personally like 1×1 (ish) squares because it takes me back to my boardwalk days and how I ate fudge.
But look at the bottom layer of chocolate peanut butter goodness!!!
When I tell you, this is crack for my family, I am not kidding!! We always give some away, if we didn’t, it would be BAD…in the worst kind of way…haha.
- 3 Cups of milk chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 34 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- OPTIONAL – 1 bag of seasonal MnMs
- Line a glass dish (I used a traditional casserole dish (12×9)) with foil and lightly spray with non stick cooking spray (I used Pam)
- Line the foil with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (here I used a total of 30). Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 bags (3 cups) of milk chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli) and the sweetened condensed milk and either double boil until it’s melted or use a microwave. If you use a microwave, start by melting for 2 minutes, stir and then continue in 30 second increments until you get your desired consistency.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter cups, making it smooth and even
- Cut the 4 remaining peanut butter cups (I cut mine in eighths) and press into the top of the chocolate. Also add your seasonal MnMs here if you choose.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove the fudge from the dish by using the foil and then cut into bars or squares.
- Serve and ENJOY!!
This recipe is slightly modified from Lauren’s Latest.