Truth be told…this post was originally intended for Father’s Day. With all the chaos of the kitchen renovation and the kids being home, it did not happen. (I forgot how CRAZY the Summer is, I think it’s worst than the school year!!) But, these are great ideas for any guy in your life for upcoming birthday or anniversary gifts 🙂 I personally think guys are SO. DARN. DIFFICULT. to shop for, so ideas, I love to hear!!
Peter is your typical guy…not really into fashion but the couple of items he has found, he LOVES and is very loyal to. Here are his current top 7 –
- Peter purchased these hiking shoes for our trip to Peru. He received them a couple weeks before the trip to break them in and soon fell in love. He wears these now all the time. He says you can truly feel the difference in support of your entire foot vs regular sneakers.
2. These headphones have recently become one of Peter’s favorite things. When we were going through one of the airports during our trip to Peru, Peter almost purchased a pair. He decided against it because he “needed to do more research”. Well, we got home and got back to real life, he forgot about them and I jumped on the opportunity to grab them for Father’s Day. He was thrilled!! These particular pair come with RAVING reviews.
3. I think these sunglasses speak for themselves. If you are looking for something to buy that will last for 40 years and still be in style, these are it!!
4. Last year we had my sister’s wedding. Peter was a groomsman and was wearing a tux. We kept looking through his collection of cufflinks and just couldn’t find a pair we both loved. So, for Valentine’s Day, I ordered these cufflinks and then took them to a local jeweler to put his initials on them. Classic, simple and not ostentatious.
5. We purchased our first Yeti cooler a couple of years ago and there’s no turning back. We use this actual cooler each and every time we go out on the boat as well as at picnics and concert tailgating. It’s small enough to not take up too much room but big enough to carry everything you need.
6. Peter has recently discovered these socks, I think while we were in Disney. I was doing something with the kids while we were shopping and he landed in this store and that is when and where the love affair began. He is on his feet so much, he wears these casual ones on OR days and wears the dressier and “fun” high socks on Clinic days.
7. I cannot recall how Peter discovered these shoes. It was not through me 😉 But, he is OBSESSED. Let’s put it this way – if you live in our house, you have a pair (except me…hehehe) and if you are a male and related to us, you have a pair. And, if you are our neighbor and Shay’s Godfather, you have a pair. He says they are PERFECT for the boat and super super comfortable.