A funny story when it comes to shoes (insert emoji with the halo over it). I purchased my first pair of Christian Louboutin heels about 3 years ago and I wear them over and over and over and over…I am sure you get the picture. BUT, my husband claims there was no “shoe disclaimer”. According to him, there were 2 things he said I told him before we were married I was going to invest in and hopefully he would be supportive – handbags and my skin. He says shoes were not on that list and he likes to remind me of that with each shoe purchase. I just can’t seem to remember whether shoes were included that convo or not 😉 Still love him to pieces 🙂
I still use the same rule(s) of thumb with shoes that I do with handbags –
- nothing trendy – timeless has to win out
- neutrals – must go with pretty much everything
- I must LOVE them and take a long time (usually over a year) deciding before pulling the trigger
My top three favorite splurges in the shoe department are –
- Valentino Rockstud Heels in Pewter
- Christian Louboutin Pigalles in Black Patent Leather
- Chanel Ballerina Flats in Light Pink
My justifications to splurge with these shoes – the Valentinos are not only stunning on the foot but the Pewter is equilivant to a perfect nude color. The Black CL Pigalles are the perfect black classy heel and not as tall at the So Kate’s by Christian Louboutin. And, my pink Chanel flats, to me, pink is a neutral that goes with everything. Pink is usually my go-to pop of color so I wear them often. I have included some options in the middle price range and a couple GREAT savings (under $100).
1. VALENTINO ROCKSTUD PEBBLED LEATHER PUMP
2. SOLE SOCIETY TIIA STUDDED T-STRAP HEEL
3. HALOGEN ‘MARTINE’ STUDDED T-STRAP PUMP
4. CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN PIGALLE PATENT LEATHER RED SOLE
5. JIMMY CHOO ROMY PATENT POINTED-TOE
6. ANN TAYLOR SKYLER PATENT PUMPS
8. CHLOE LAUREN SCALLOPED BALLET FLAT
Jessica Weinberg (@whatsfordinesq) says
Love this! I love how there are more affordable options to get in on the latest trends!
Give me alllll the saves! I love investing in shoes that I know I’ll wear year after year. They always end up being the ones I pull out before the trendier options:)
sarah lindner says
My favorite splurges are all the CL! They just make me feel so sexy everytime I wear them! Def a must for a splurge!
Love the dupes girl! When I get past the “just starting out” stage, I’ll be investing in the high end shoes but for now the dupes are fantastic!
Love this roundup and love your requirements for splurging! Those scalloped Chloe flats have been in my cart for 3 months now and I’m just waiting until the perfect moment to pull the trigger. I loveee the CLs but my broken back can’t handle anything over like 3.5″ so they’re out 🙁 wahhhh.